Follow Me on Pinterest beamoore: Concrete mushrooms

Monday, October 10, 2011

Concrete mushrooms

Perfect stuff for decorating your landscape.
I have been contacted by many people either wanting to buy one, or wanting to make them.
All I can say that, once you start making them, you will be addicted, plus you will definitely are going to get a better muscle tone. Double whamy!!!!!
I have to make it very clear, that this idea is not mine, I got it, with all instrution and even mold and my first concrete stem, by mail, from a Dear Friend, Sue from South Carolina, that I have been talking to for a while now. We often brainstorm together about new ideas, and she motivates me to make more of them and start selling in my area.
Here is how my firsts dry, concrete mushroom looks:




As of today I started painting it, and putting glass marbles and tempered glass mosaic on the top. The stem will be just painted, in colors complimenting the top.
This one is already custom order, it is painted in greens and purples, to the customer's liking.


I basecoated it with purple and green, then smugded some metallic purple and green, and again, smudged purple and green glitter paint on it, I also glazed it with a little bit gold.
Here it is painted and starting to be covered with glass.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest